Back To Basics
Back To Basics
This online workshop is perfect for total beginners or someone who has not used a sewing machine in a while. My fun and practical video lessons will take you step by step through everything from threading a machine, wind a bobbin, sewing machine settings, sewing straight, turning corners, when and how to use different stitches, how to finish seams, how to fix common issues, how to clean and maintain your machine and you will also receive a PDF cushion pattern with written and video instructions. This cushion is a perfect project for you to practice all your new skills! This online workshop is perfect for those who are too busy to attend my classes or live in another city or country. With my online workshops, you can watch the video lessons on your laptop, phone or tablet. Whenever you want, as many times as you want.
Level - Absolute Beginner.
Scroll down the page to learn more about this workshop.
Greatness is not this wonderful, esoteric, elusive, godlike feature that only the special among us will ever taste, it's something that truly exists in all of us.
― Will Smith
What Will You Learn
· Threading your machine up properly
· How to wind the bobbin on both a front-loading and top-loading bobbins
· How to use the presser foot
· How to change the stitch length and when to change it
· How to thread the needle with and without a needle threader
· Essential equipment and tools you will need and how to use them
· Understand and solve common sewing machine issues
· Learn how to prevent unthreading, uneven stitching, jams, knots and snapped needles.
· How to change the needle
· How to clean your sewing machine to keep it in the best condition
HOW TO THREAD YOUR SEWING MACHINE
· How to sew straight lines
· How to sew curves and corners, with tips on handling different fabrics
· How understand and use different seam allowance guides
· How to use the reverse stitch to secure the stitch
· How to fix stitching mistakes
HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE CUSION
Then it is time to put what you have learnt into practice by making your own cushion. You will lean how to:
· Lay out the pattern on fabric so you save fabric and make sure you lay your pattern correctly
· Understand the grain lines and the selvage edge of your fabric, what they are and how to use them
· Understand basic pattern markings
· How to cut out so you pattern and tips on cutting different fabrics
· How to pin and sew fabric together, turning corners and tips to help you create neater corners
INCLUDES CUSION PDF PATTERN, AND VIDEO/WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
This pattern is perfect for beginners and intermediates. The instructions are broken down into easy steps, with pictures instead of diagrams to make it easier for you to understand . The instructions are colourful and full off tips, tricks and uplifting quotes to give you a relaxing sewing experience.
My patterns are simple to follow, I also explain how to download and use PDF patterns.
Includes patterns, instructions and useful links to supplies.
Once I have recieved your payment I will send you my online Back To Basics workshop via email.
Approx $35.31 USD / €33.06 EUR
If you would like to purchase this workshop as a gift then please use the payment button below.
Click on the ' Pay Now' button.
This is the real secret of life -- to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.
― Alan W. Watts
Have just attended the beginners workshop this morning and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a beautiful setting, really cosy and there was only myself there so had excellent one to one tutoring from Victoria. The two hours flew by and Victoria kindly tweaked timings to suit so that I could begin the 6 week sewing course next week. Many thanks Victoria, would not hesitate to recommend!
My sister and I did a beginners class as it had been a while since we had used a sewing machine. Victoria was very patient with us made us feel very relaxed. Even though the class was meant to be 2hrs, Victoria didn't rush us and we stayed until we finished our cushions. A lovely choice of fabrics and a really friendly atmosphere. Can't wait to do our next class!
I attended the Back To Basics Workshop today and thought it was fantastic! Victoria is a lovely teacher and with her guidance, as a complete novice I managed to make a cushion cover! Absolutely love it! Thank you again for teaching me a new skill, on to the next project! x